New York, Austin, Houston, San Francisco: The Brick Row Book Shop, Inc., 1941-1993. 14 volumes (one repeat) various sizes, formats, and paginations. Generally very good with few library stamps and/or stickers, scattered markings, some wear and toning.
Set of 13 different catalogues from the historic Brick Row Bookshop which was founded in 1915 in New Haven, making it one of the oldest antiquarian book firms in the United States. Catalogues in this lot come from four different locations or branches of the store including New York, Austin, Houston, and the present location, San Francisco.
1. Special List number 16: Books of an Old Librarian, being part II of the bibliographical books of Ernest Cushing Richardson... New York, 1941
2. Special List Number 25: Books for Libraries. New York, 1947
3. Catalogue No. 44: A Book-Collector's Miscellany. Austin, 1956-57
4. Catalogue 46: Books! Austin, 1962
5. Catalogue 60: Presentation Copies. Austin, 1965
6. The Second Catalogue from the Brick Row..Houston. 1966
7. Catalogue 71: Bibliography, Fine Printing, &c. Austin, 1966-67
8. The Third Catalogue from the Brick Row...Houston. 1967-68
9. Brick Row 80. Austin, 1967-68 (2 Copies)
10. Catalogue 68: Mexico & Latin America. Austin, 1968
11. Catalogue No. 82: Latin America. Houston, 1969
12. Catalogue 96: English Literature of the Nineteenth & Earlier Twentieth Centuries & & &. San Francisco, 1973
13. Catalogue 116: Choice & Rare Books in many fields of English Literature. San Francisco, 1993.
A wonderful reference set from an important American bookselling concern. Item #5447